VP of Brand & Co-Founder
Nov 2015 - Present
Tula House is a lifestyle and home decor brand with a focus on plants, education and interior design. The company operates from a 1200 sq ft retail space supported by a robust service business and e-commerce website. The business has surpassed $1MM in revenue and remains privately owned.
- Built an internationally recognized business by developing a unique brand position, differentiated product, and original content strategy.
- Developed merchandising and purchasing strategy to achieve operational fiscal year profits and average gross profit margin of 65%.
- Identify downward trends and innovative sales and merchandising strategies resulting in high profit product categories and competitive differentiation.
- Responsible for ongoing finance and funding strategies, fiscal budgets, sales reporting, forecasts, P&L, sell-through analysis, reconciliation and growth plan. Resulting in YOY profits, innovative sales strategies and business growth.
- Lead staff training, hiring process, and team productivity to grow and retain talent.
- Build collaborative partnerships with internal and external affiliates for business growth, advertising, and strategy goals.
- Manage all merchandising and vendor relationships to build competitive product offering; wholesale, sourcing, operations, supply chain, streamlining, and freight logistics
- Utilize KPIs and aggregated data to identify and optimize targeted advertising to improve sales and marketing spend.
- Manage CRM software, paid advertising and SEO to develop subscriber acquisition strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Built in-house content studio to own and develop original content, marketing campaigns and product launches.
Mar 2021 - Present
Consultant for retail and service businesses to build financial rigor, structure and strategy into business management, operations and decision making.
- Develop financial models for start-up and growth phases; financial forecasts, budgets, profit margin analysis, OTB model, and sell-through analysis.
- Strategic planning and forecasting for Revenue Operating model.
- Develop and deliver Business Strategy Master Plan, Marketing Roadmap and Content Strategies.
Creative Director & Strategist
Mar 2013 - Nov 2015
An off-shoot to award-winning production company Click 3X, Reason2Be was a full service advertising agency focused on the fashion and non-profit sector. My role was to develop the agency from the ground up, transitioning production accounts to full service agency clients and lead all campaigns as Creative Director and Strategist. While leading Reason2Be, we managed over $2MM in account budgets. Click 3X was acquired in 2018 by Industrial Color Studios.
- Developed a competitive agency position and B2B market strategy to transition existing production clients and secure new accounts.
- Managed Fortune 500 clients (Estee Lauder, Ralph Lauren).
- Created multi-media, global marketing campaigns that gained international recognition and exceeded all campaign goals.
- Led all strategy and marketing initiatives. Utilized data analysis to identify target audiences and develop omni-channel marketing to achieve effective KPI/ROI metrics.
- Worked collaboratively with a team of designers, planners, developers, producers, strategists, advertising affiliates, and freelancers.
Managing Director & Founder
Apr 2012 - 2015
Paris, FR/New York, NY
Showroom ICU was an offshoot of ICU - IN PARIS and focused on B2B wholesale distribution, PR and communications, and client services.
- Developed B2B sales and marketing strategies to achieve press and retail placement.
- Produced content and advertising collateral for digital, social media, press and retail.
- Represented roster of clients from France, Australia, New Mexico and the United States.
- Attended seasonal wholesale trade shows in New York, Paris and Los Angeles to further sales and vendor relationships.
Merchandising Director & Founder
Apr 2009 - 2015
ICU - IN PARIS was an e-commerce shop selling designer jewelry and accessories with a goal to connect designers with people seeking unique jewelry design.
- Designed and developed e-commerce site that integrated an early adoption of the global drop ship and consignment models.
- Differentiated the brand by sourcing products from global designers who were sought after, but unavailable to purchase online.
- Created merchandising and purchasing strategy that met financial goals, cash flow requirements and the terms of all vendors.
- Developed all creative content, marketing campaigns, influencer marketing, CRM, SEO and growth models.
- Led a team in website operation, customer service, order fulfillment, content production and marketing campaigns.
Operations Director & Co-Founder
Apr 2009 - 2015
Ebb.and.pflow was a small batch jewelry line manufactured in Thailand by a women-owned factory. The line was shown at international trade shows and purchased for retail distribution.
Northeastern Internship Program - Accounting intern
Northeastern Internship Program - Marketing intern
Harvard Business School Online
Financial Accounting - 2021
Leading with Finance - 2022
Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III)
French Language & Culture
2009 - 2010
Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration;
Marketing & Small Venture Management
2002 - 2007
- Strategic thinker with a focus on revenue models, profitability and business integrity.
- Seasoned negotiator and sales agent with a record of lasting vendor relationships.
- Visionary thinker with the confidence to explore imaginative ideas and new concepts.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills paired with Harvard trained approach of reporting and data analysis.
- Natural leader with the ability to inspire and guide teams.
- Product development, go-to-market strategies, and omni-channel marketing campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial; resourceful, creative problem solver and resilient to change.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Quickbooks, CRM Software (Klaviyo, Shopify), Google Ad & Meta Ad Manager, Cloud storage (Dropbox, Good Drive, Creative Cloud, Figma).
- Quick to learn new programs.
- Conversational in French.
Discovering new parks with my 3.5 year old daughter, Luna, experimenting with perennials on my balcony garden, baking multi layer cakes, cold immersion in winter waters, listening to Marketplace, reading DealBook and business and finance news, reading National Geographic and fiction novels, weekend adventures outside the city with my family, consulting small businesses, traveling to new countries and eating good food.