Brooklyn, NY 11211 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 646.574.1546
A strategy driven entrepreneur with over 10 years of experience creating, operating and building brands. I am a passionate marketer and strategic thinker with an innate ability to visualize the big picture and differentiate a product and brand in a competitive market. With expertise in strategy, finance and marketing, I quickly articulate a brand story and develop business strategies that connect with the consumer audience and exceed business goals. I stand behind what I build and pride myself on being a hard worker, problem solver and motivational leader and co-worker.
Tula, Plants & Design, LLC, Co-Founder & CEO
Nov 2015 - Present
Tula launched in 2015 as a creative alternative for plants, education and design for indoor life. I have played a role in every aspect of building, launching, operating and evolving Tula. As the business has grown over the years my role has shifted to big picture marketing, operation and strategy. However, I still love getting my hands dirty, and do so on a daily basis.
- Defined and co-developed brand identity, positioning, strategy, and growth plan.
- Co-authored the Brand Book and developed content strategy and engagement plan.
- Established metrics and process for monitoring and evaluating benchmarks for success.
- Responsible for annual budget and revenue projections.
- Refine strategies in response to economic shifts, cultural trends, and consumer demand.
- Manage all aspects of HR; recruitment, interviews, hires, training and termination.
- Manage all business operations; insurance, accounting, taxes, and B2B vendors.
- Earned national and international press.
- Created a distinguishable brand in a rapidly growing and competitive market.
- Manage all bookkeeping and accounting.
- Develop quarterly spending budgets.
- Increased sales 100% year over year for four straight years.
- 2021 forecasts project $1.2M in gross revenue.
- Secured financial funding for retail growth opportunities.
Marketing & Product Development:
- Identify key consumer profiles to develop targeted marketing.
- Strategize content development for cross channel marketing initiatives.
- Manage paid advertising and SEO on Google, Facebook and Instagram.
- Co-design and manage all facets of Tula’s brick and mortar experience.
- Co-design and manage Tula’s e-commerce platform, experience and marketing strategy.
- Oversee all buying and merchandising for online and instore inventory.
- Establish strong vendor relationships that grow into business growth opportunities.
Reason2Be, Creative Director & Strategist
Mar 2013 - Nov 2015
New York, NY
Raison D’Être was an agency oﬀ shoot to award-winning production company Click 3X. My role was to develop the agency positioning and brand while transitioning production clients to full service agency jobs. Click 3X was acquired in 2018 by Industrial Color Studios.
- Developed agency positioning and B2B market strategy.
- Transitioned one-oﬀ production clients to full service agency campaigns.
- Conceptualized and collaboratively developed multi-media marketing campaigns; digital, live action, post production and go-to market strategies.
- Identified and targeted consumer audiences and marketing channels to ensure eﬀective ROI metrics.
- Managed a team of designers, planners, engineers, producers and freelancers.
- Managed Fortune 500 clients (Estee Lauder, Ralph Lauren); pitched marketing concepts and creative direction.
- Assisted in developing budgets for all campaign execution.
- Recruited 3rd party vendors for SEO, ad buys and integrated marketing apps.
ICU - IN PARIS.COM, Founder & CEO
Apr 2010 - 2015
ICU - IN PARIS was an online boutique showcasing curated designer collections in jewelry and accessories. Frustrated by the lack of aesthetically cohesive and appealing e-commerce shops I developed ICU, which stood for Independent, Curated, Unique.
Based in Paris, FR the site was available in English and French and represented independent jewelry and accessory designers from all over the world.
Earlier experience provided upon request.
Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III)
French Language & Culture
2009 - 2010
Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration; Marketing & Small Venture Management
2002 - 2007
Team management and training for growth
Creative problem solving and resilient to change
Strategic thinker - identify inefficiencies and implement better processes
Not afraid to ask questions and receive feedback
Microsoft Office : Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Adobe : Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
Cloud based storage : Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud
Photography (film and studio), video editing, content creation
Copywriting and editing
Quick to learn new programs
Conversational in French
Family, cooking, gardening, climate change, yoga & running, reading, travel, design, humor, podcasts, animals, business innovation and technology.