Brooklyn, NY 11211
A strategy driven entrepreneur with over 12 years of experience creating, operating and building brands. I am a passionate marketer and strategic thinker with an innate ability to visualize the big picture and differentiate a product and brand in a competitive market.
With expertise in strategy, creative and marketing, I quickly articulate a brand story and develop business strategies that connect with the consumer audience and exceed business goals. I stand behind what I build and pride myself on being a hard worker, problem solver and motivational leader and co-worker.
Tula, Plants & Design, LLC, Co-Founder & CEO
Nov 2015 - Present
Tula launched in 2015 as a creative alternative for plants, education and design for indoor life. I have played a role in every aspect of building, launching, operating and evolving Tula. As the business has grown over the years my role has shifted to big picture marketing, operation and strategy. However, I still love getting my hands dirty, and do so on a daily basis.
- Defined and co-developed brand identity, positioning, strategy, and growth plan.
- Co-authored the Brand Book and content strategy.
- Established metrics and process for monitoring and evaluating benchmarks for success.
- Responsible for annual budget and revenue projections.
- Refine strategies and evolve brand in response to economic shifts, cultural trends, and consumer demand.
- Manage all aspects of HR; recruitment, interviews, hires, training and termination.
- Manage all business operations; insurance, accounting, taxes, and B2B vendors.
- Earned national and international press.
- Created a distinguishable brand in a rapidly growing and competitive market.
- Manage all bookkeeping and accounting.
- Own quarterly and annual spending and tracking budgets.
- ROE ratio of 33%.
- Current ratio of 31% (Quick ratio of 29%).
- Succeed average Gross Profit Margin of 65%
- Secured financial funding for retail growth opportunities.
Marketing & Product Development:
- Identify key consumer profiles to develop targeted marketing.
- Develop and execute all marketing plans in-store and online.
- Manage CRM software, paid advertising and SEO.
- Develop and implement social media and communication strategy including craetive, copy, and customer enagement.
- Oversee all marketing assets inluding print and digital.
- Co-designed Tula’s brick-and-mortar and e-commerce.
- Oversee all buying and merchandising
- Manage wholesale relationships, freight logistics, and supply chain.
- Montior competitive landscape and activities.
- Develop customer journey and service architecture.
Reason2Be, Creative Director & Strategist
Mar 2013 - Nov 2015
New York, NY
Raison D’Être was a full service advertising agency focused on the fashion and non-profit sectore. An oﬀ-shoot to award-winning production company Click 3X. My role was to develop the agency positioning, brand strategy, and transition production accounts to full-service agency client, and lead all campaigns and Creative Director and Strategist. Click 3X was acquired in 2018 by Industrial Color Studios.
- Developed agency positioning and B2B market strategy.
- Transitioned one-oﬀ production clients to full service agency campaigns.
- Conceptualized and collaboratively developed multi-media marketing campaigns; digital, live action, post production and go-to market strategies.
- Identified and targeted consumer audiences and marketing channels to ensure eﬀective ROI metrics.
- Managed a team of designers, planners, engineers, producers and freelancers.
- Managed Fortune 500 clients (Estee Lauder, Ralph Lauren); pitched marketing concepts and creative direction.
- Assisted in developing budgets for all campaign execution.
- Recruited 3rd party vendors for SEO, ad buys and integrated marketing apps.
ICU - IN PARIS.COM, Founder & CEO
Apr 2010 - 2015
ICU - IN PARIS was an online boutique showcasing curated designer collections in jewelry and accessories.
Based in Paris, FR the site was available in English and French and represented independent jewelry and accessory designers from all over the world.
Earlier experience provided upon request.
Harvard Business School Online
Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III)
French Language & Culture
2009 - 2010
Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration; Marketing & Small Venture Management
2002 - 2007
Team management and training for growth
Creative problem solving and resilient to change
Strategic thinker - identify inefficiencies and implement better processes
Not afraid to ask questions and receive feedback
Microsoft Office : Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Adobe : Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
Cloud based storage : Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud, Figma
Photography (film and studio), video editing, content creation
Copywriting and editing
Quick to learn new programs
Conversational in French
Family, cooking, gardening, climate change, yoga & running, reading, travel, design, humor, podcasts, animals, business innovation and technology.